Sunday, March 18, 2012

"Full Bloom" at 100 Central Street


Full Bloom
Full Bloom

Chelsea Sebastian

Since becoming a new mom, I spend a tremendous amount of time outdoors exploring Wellesley’s trails and parks. I find the quiet beauty of our community to be the source of my artistic inspiration. People take good care of Wellesley. Shop owners and neighbors take pride in expressing beauty. Our community actively creates positive engagement. I feel very fortunate to live here and have the opportunity to contribute my art.

My work reflects the colorful way I see life and my paintings explore the themes of nature, seascape, and international streetscape. I work with acrylics on canvas from my home studio in Wellesley. I am primarily self-taught, but credit my parents for my training, as both are accomplished artists.

When people see my work, I would like them to be drawn to the vibrant colors and to feel compelled to journey down a foreign street. Painting enables me to interact with the world differently. I pay closer attention to the life around me. I see depth, color, line, and texture. I study gestures and explore how forms relate to each other. I hope that my art becomes a source of pleasure for those who welcome it into their life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment